Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Is a 1995 Volvo 940 a good vehicle, or should I keep looking?

Recently I crashed my truck and I need a new car for cheap. A teacher at my school is offering my a 1995 Volvo 940 for 750 dollars. The only issue with the car is that is needs new brakes. The reason that the price is reduced so radically is because they believe that it would not sell for higher as their son, (the previous owner) ripped off the upholstry and padding in the cieling. This is a relatively easy fix. Is it worth it to buy this vehicle?|||I'm looking for a decent 940 myself and if a brake job and new headliner will fix everything, then it's a pretty good deal. Just make sure everything works and there are no fluid leaks. Maintenance records would help also.|||it could be,


have your families mechanic look the car over first.


head liner kits are available but a good upholstery shop can make a new one and install it for for less than an o.e. kit


if car is basically sound and has seen proper maintenance it will go just about forever.


with some aftermarket upgrades for the suspension and brakes from ipd usa, these cars become a blast to drive [even if a non-turbo model]|||I would do it. Drive it before you buy it though.


Come to a stop, then take off pretty fast, check for hesitation or transmission slippage.


Make sure the transmission shifts nicely through all gears. Drive it on the highway, listen for vibrations. Take it to a parking lot and make a few sharp turns, listen for clunking. Make sure all the electrical stuff is fine.


Im sure you know this but i'm telling you so you will know what you're getting into.


Good luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment