Tuesday, September 27, 2011

How much does it cost to own a Volvo?

I have been driving a 2005 Toyota Camry and I have been thinking about trading up for a different car. I really like this one 2008 Volvo before I test drive it I was just wondering if the maintenance costs are really high or not since Volvo is a bit more of a luxury brand, because if its going to be like $100 or more for an oil change I don't want it.|||Your camry is a good car ...? But volvos can be very expensive if you have them serviced by volvo. They cost no more, than another at a regular hourly shop. I get my oil changed for $ 34.95 Parts could get costly. My timing belt kit is 250.00 which included tensioner and idler pulley. Water pump is around 70.00 Take it to dealer and they will charge even more i am sure. Volvo makes a good solid car though.|||It usually depends on how you use the vehicle that will dictate servicing intervals and costs. Having the car serviced at a dealer is just plain nuts because of the cost involved. You can have the vehicle serviced at any automotive maintenance facility. As a matter of fact, I recommend that if you purchase a Volvo you find an experienced, reputable and competent independent mechanic to take care of it. That's what I did after countless arguments with my local dealer about what is and is not covered under their warranty terms. I went all the way to Volvo of North America and still had the same problems with the dealer, who is still in business by the way.


You will probably find that Volvo parts are expensive, sometimes more so than for other makes.


To the salesman who responded to your question: I'm certainly happy that you work for a dealership that is above average. It's not always the case. My local dealer is an abomination and for that reason I will never have another new Volvo. I have owned fourteen Volvos in forty-two years and still have four so you now know that I'm not bashing the brand, just the new crap that's on the market now and some of Volvo's dealers who have no idea about customer service or business ethics.|||Let me tell you the "stealership's for Volvo " are on a diet that says every 7500 your car MUST come in for service in order for the warranty to remain in effect. You must come back to the dealer or a ASE certified mechanic for everything including tires. This is NOT a vehicle that is cheap to maintain.





Oil is changed only once every 7500 miles, while the dealers use organic oil, most smart volvo owners have stepped up to Mobil 1 which is 8.00 a quart %26amp; your vehicle requires 8 quarts + a filter %26amp; oil ring (18.00).


Generally the Stealerships in the Mid Atlantic Region charge 100~125 for this service . You can get in done yourself for around 85 . Some people see this as expensive some don't. Consumer Reports gave the 2008, 2009 Volvo S80's a high reliability rating this year.|||The answer above me could not be more wrong. Volvos are shipped with a 5w30 Synthetic blend oil. They are recommended for service every 7,500 miles, that is true. It also clearly states that you can change plus or minus 1,500 miles from 7,500.





IN NO WAY are you "required" to bring the Volvo to the DEALERSHIP to maintain your warranty coverage. You will extend the life of the vehicle if you do, but you can take it to ANY station for an oil change and still be in complete compliance with you warranty requirements. Just keep your receipts.





Your question is tough to answer because NO vehicle is the same to maintain. Volvo is the least expensive European import to own and maintain on an average.





It sounds like the other gentleman has a problem with dealerships. As an employee of a Dealership I always represent my product truthfully annd take offense at being likened to a thief.|||I own a 2004 volvo s60 and i have to say i love my car. My wife especially loves it because its built like a tank so she feels our daughter is safer in a volvo then almost any other car out there.





It does cost a little more here and there for regular maintenance, i go to good year for my oil changes and it comes out to be about $80. I have noticed if you do anything threw the Volvo dealership it costs more, but the people there are just so damn friendly and helpful its almost worth the extra money just to have them do it because of how nice they are lol





p.s. i dont work for Volvo :)|||I bought a 1998 S70 new. I spent more on the car keeping it repaired on the road than I paid for it brand new. Volvos are wallet eaters. Unless you have plenty of money, find a nice Toyota or Subaru.

No comments:

Post a Comment